The Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People (MOSOP) is an Ogoni-
• Promote democratic awareness;
• Protect the environment of the Ogoni People;
• Seek social, economic and physical development for the region;
• Protect the cultural rights and practices of the Ogoni people; and
• Seek appropriate rights of self-
MOSOP National Executive Council
• President: Ledum Mitee
• Vice President: Dr Olua Kamalu
• Secretary General: Moses Damgbor
• Assistant Secretary General: Nwigogbor B. Maxwell
• Treasurer: Chief Daniel Nsanee (JP)
• Financial Secretary: Rose Zoranen Micheal
• Publicity Secretary: Chief Keeper Deebari Gbaranor
National Youth Council of Ogoni (NYCOP, National)
• National Chairman: Deekia A. Laka
• National Deputy Chairman: Meekor J. Jim
• National Secretary: Nasikpo Nyida N.
• National Treasurer: NeeBari T. Deemii
• National Assistant Secretary: Adamgbo S. Adamgbo
• National Financial Secretary: Obele Osaro Kote
• National Publicity Secretary: Norteh M. Morghan
• National Vice Chairman I: Moses K. Akpenu
• National Vice Chairman II: Amakiri Lale John
• National Provost I: Nwiganale John B.
• National Provost II: Gbaranee Bwen Divine
• National Organizing Secretary: Fred Nwikua
Federation of Ogoni Women Association (FOWA)
• Chairperson: Roseline Nwigani
• Deputy Chairperson: Princess AluburaBari Nwaranwa
• Secretary (National): Nwindee Namon S.
• Assistant Secretary: Peace Nwidobee
• Financial Secretary: Decent Nkporon
• Treasurer: Charity Nwidoh
• Publicity Secretary: Dorathy Yor-
• Adviser: Joan S. Dorganaloh
• Provost I: Cathrine T. Nwile
• Provost II: Jeneth B. Yorama
Ogoni Council of Churches (OCC)
• National Chairman: Rt. Rev. Gberegbara S.
• Deputy Chairman: Rev. Kone Kiadum S.
• Secretary National: Rev. R.B. Biragbara
• National Asst. Secretary: Rev. Prince D.N. Gbarato
• National Treasurer: Evang. Ebenezer O. Oluji
• Financial Secretary: Ven. Sunday Lenu B.
Council of Ogoni Traditional Rulers (COTRA)
• Gbarakoro National Chairman: HRH (Dr) N. A. Mene
• Deputy Chairman: Chief George Nwafor
• National Secretary: Mene J.E.B. Needam
• Mene A. William Nbaedee National Treasurer:
• National Fin Secretary: Chief Barisua Alusi
• National Provost: Chief Popsaana B. Karikpo
• National Adviser: HRH Mene (Dr) Fred N. Apere
• Exco Member: Chief Friday Ejile Laaka
Council of Ogoni Professionals (COP)
• National Chairman: Stephen Leyira W. Nyenenwa
• National Deputy Chairman: Kenneth Konee Neekue
• National Secretary: Chief Felix George D.
• National Asst. Secretary: Sine Lezorghia E. B.
• National Treasurer: Mrs. Gladys B. Togi
• National Public Relations Officer: Sir Lucky N.S.
• National Financial Secretary: Sine Jude Barinaadaa
• National Adviser: Ikpa Felix Pia-